Thursday, March 26, 2009

Another Jeep update

I have, for the most part, a fully functional Jeep now.

So, I yanked the rear shaft a couple weeks ago when I installed the upper control arms. Since then, I shipped the shaft to the builder in Utah, who rebuilt both the CV and the U joints. I got the shaft back and installed. The jeep's nice and quiet now, without that rumbling, grating and thuka-thuka going on. The only thing to do now is to recharge the AC, but that shouldn't be too hard to do here. I also need a new sun-shade, since the cheap one I'd had before melted.

So, as of now the Gila Monster stands tall with 5.5" lift, 32x11.5" AT BF Goodrich tires, Tom Woods Custom shaft and SYE, custom rear bumper with spare tire carrier and a Surco safari rack on top.

On wishlist now: Rock Krawler lower control arms or Rock Krawler long arm kit, K&N cold air intake, headers, cat-back, custom front bumper w/winch, bike rack that mounts on spare carrier, beadlocks, maybe fresh paint, on-board air system, lights, lots of lights, and a shaded parking spot, preferably in a structure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Stick your comment here!