Thursday, August 14, 2008

At frontier

Friday, August 15, 2008 12:48 AM
Frontier Restaurant

I’m sitting at my table at the Frontier now. It’s pretty early, but I’ve been watching the Olympic sailing on Chinese TV. NBC doesn’t think that sailing is even worth their time to put onto their website.

My neighbors here are interesting: a bunch of friends gathered from around the area. The closest one is from Acoma, but the others are all from further afield. None of them have been to the Frontier before, and the Native regalia on the walls of this back room fascinate all. There are rugs form mostly modern times, and paintings on the wall depict scenes that are rarely seen in Fresno, California. I should mention that about half of this group is wearing regalia.  They are talking it  up, and it seems that there is nothing  like this  anywhere else.

This is New Mexico.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Stick your comment here!